Our expeditions are project focused and team members participate in worthwhile and rewarding community and/or conservation ventures. Each project is carefully assessed to ensure that it is sustainable and viable. Sense Earth continues to monitor and support after the expedition visit.
At the end of the expedition each student has a detailed personal development report which can be used for applications and interviews.
The price per student to Eswatini is £3,375 for a team of 12 – 16 team members. Other destinations may vary.
- Economy return flights from London
- A qualified and experienced Sense Earth expedition leader
- All transfers, transport in country and park fees
- Food, accommodation and activities in their personalised expedition
- Airport and departure taxes
- Expedition training before departure
- Detailed information pack
Of the total expedition cost, each student donates £200 to their project and these transactions are transparent. The project funds go towards purchasing supplies and employing a workforce.
Students have the responsibility of organising their expedition from the onset; creating their itinerary, choosing a project, choosing accommodation and even organising the date of the opening ceremony. This gives the students ownership of their expedition from the very start.
When on expedition each team member will take it in turns to be leader of the group, taking full responsibility of the day’s running. Collectively, team members will account for expenditure, liaise with locals and transport and manage the project progress.
The students need to organise themselves to achieve all their goals and to get the most out of the experience. Guidance is given to team members to ensure a practical and feasible expedition which benefits local communities, conservation programs and all those that participate.
Budgeting and purchasing of food is also managed by the students. This is often a massive learning curve – help is always at hand. Sense Earth is not responsible for mismanagement of budgets!
We have put into place measures to make schools and parents feel comfortable and secure in the knowledge that their students are in safe hands;
- Our company insurance is with Tasker Insurance, the leading travel insurance company.
- Medical insurance and insurance to work on a building project is included for each student.
- We have a 24hr backup system which can be accessed by school and parents.
- There is a backup vehicle (where possible) with the expedition at all times.
- Transfers are arranged in advance by Sense Earth with a private company. Transport is the highest expedition risk and Sense Earth takes the responsibility of organising this.
- Security guards are provided at each camp.
- Thorough risk assessments and meticulous planning before the expedition ensure that students have a trouble free, safe, yet exciting expedition.
Sense Earth ensures that every precaution is taken so that the expedition is safe and memorable. We understand that schools and parents will be concerned about students travelling overseas.
Sense Earth keeps in regular contact with school and parents through daily updates via various social media channels. We feel that parents and teachers should be part of the journey.